WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

Theft protection?

Chrislaf

Reaction score
I am assuming that when flying with any controller, that the NEO is the same as any other recent DJI drone - you need to be logged into an account to use it. So if you loose your NEO or it gets stolen then someone else cannot use it with a controller since it has to be logged in to the users account, but what about the Quick shot modes that you choose from the drone itself? It seems to me that if someone stole/found your NEO they could still use it as long as they don't connect it to a controller or phone.

Chris

If just doing palm launches with no phone involved, then yes I think so. Not much of a prize though I don't think. Nor a huge loss..

Reactions: Chrislaf
Yah but still, it would be a drone that has some functionality although limited

Chris

Manual says it needs to be connected to the app every X days (60? can't remember) to use it in palm launch mode.
I guess this is mostly to update the no fly zones but as a side effect it will be some kind of theft protection

Reactions: Chrislaf
Manual says it needs to be connected to the app every X days (60? can't remember) to use it in palm launch mode.
I guess this is mostly to update the no fly zones but as a side effect it will be some kind of theft protection
That would certainly make it less likely that somebody would be able to use it past that defined time period.

Chris

Just checked the online manual ,and it states that Palm control or app control on mobile device, will be disabled after 90 days, as well as the device having no access to the internet, during that time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt