WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

What is Neo ?

Old Man Mavic

Reaction score
hi fellow flyers ,for me Neo is an Taster drone
By that i mean it, can be many things,to many different people,in producing it,DJI have placed a drone into their lineup, to appeal, (or not ), to people from beginners to old hands, in this great hobby
it gives a taste of autonomous flight ,then using just the phone an introduction to the Fly App,then throw in an RC, and you have the perfect small drone, to learn manual flying using the control sticks ,to fly with confidence, and the added knowledge , that it has return to home,
but if that wasn't enough ,you can also get a taste of PFV ,and grasp the basics of that branch of the hobby
and the best part of all is the price point it comes in at,
of course it has its limitations, but they are governed by its size and design

Disclaimer, the above is just my take on the Neo ,and others will have different thoughts of course ,happy flying OMM

Neo is Sybil, from the movie of that name.

Multiple personalities, but unlike Sybil, only 4, not sixteen.

EDIT: You seem to have really taken to this one, OMM... I'm nearly as jazzed, and I don't even have one yet 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Old Man Mavic
@Droning on and on... you are quite correct it has put a smile on my face thats for sure
and for me as a comfirmed long time DJI fan boy ,i am very happy with what it can do
did i need it, no not really ,will it replace my other DJI drones ,heck no ,but its just pure fun watching it doing its thing,
and anyway retirement is supposed to be fun and i am lucky i have the time, to embrace a hobby that i really enjoy
for anyone intending to purchase one ,just remember its limitations ,work with them and enjoy

Reactions: okw
Good points, OMM. People really should calibrate their expectations to a large degree on what this thing costs.

Through that lens it's a pretty amazing value, especially if you already have an Avata 2. For me, I expect to use 2 of the 4 personalities a lot: Standalone selfie-drone out with family and friends (example: Doing a day trip with some good friends touring the lighthouses between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay, ending with dinner in HMB... we've postponed until after the Neo arrives), and FPV tinywhoop.

Use for FPV is more to take it places I can't fit the Avata through. And frankly, where I'm more willing to lose it and walk away, like up some brambly tangled creek. I love to explore creeks FPV.

Neo hits a branch and dumps in the creek? U$200. I'm not made of money, but I can accept that risk. Not willing with the Avata 2.

Thanks for sharing OMM!

I seem to be crashing it a lot through pushing it too much outdoors... but weather's been shit and super windy ever since I got it except the very first day. The point is that it doesn't care at all... and in the right environment/conditions it'll do what you wouldn't risk something better with.
All 3 of the DJI FPV-capable options are complementary really.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Old Man Mavic
I broke 1 prop indoors mostly because I didn't think of putting the prop guards back on, so I ordered 3 sets straight away after realizing there's only 1 pair that comes with it so I potentially was 1 prop away from being grounded 😛

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt