WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

Using a iPhone or iPad for control

RcHawks

Reaction score
What are the min requirements for using this drone for iPhone or iPad (?) to control the drone without a headset? I have a MA2 and mini 3 pro controllers which are not compatible and it's quite a outlay for the upgrade items for this drone. I have a 6 plus and a ipad 5 mini. I think the headset may not be very comfortable for me. Maybe a link for the app?

Reactions: sarahb
Maybe a link for the app?
On iOS it's in the App Store like everything else, DJI Fly as with all DJI drones of the past few years. iPad mini 5 should be fine, if that's really a 10 year old iPhone 6 Plus then no...

Reactions: RcHawks
Thanks, but I looked at that on the store and they show a different drone and not the neo? I searched with the term neodrone.

Last edited:
All you need is the app

Reactions: sarahb
Also in the specs it says the N1 controller is compatible, I been reading up till now that's it's not.

Also in the specs it says the N1 controller is compatible, I been reading up till now that's it's not.
So have I. This is the first I've heard the N1 is compatible. That would be great for many DJI users for sure

Reactions: RcHawks and sarahb
Where did you read that with N1?
There's a single site stating this and its not DJI

Reactions: Kilrah
Here are the compatible controllers according to this guy

Reactions: sarahb and NEO 317
I guess I had a senior moment, thank you, can't find it now.

A question on this. Does the iPad fit into the RC-N3 controller? I think a phone would fit fine, perhaps an iPad mini would too?

I ask as I have seen some drone RCs that extend big enough for a 12" tablet easily. That would be pretty cool, as an alternative to getting my eyes tested. Although with CAA, EASA and FAA (for those in USA) rules I'd probably better get my eyes tested so I can keep a line of sight :)

I use a mini 5 ipad and mount with my RC N1 for my MA2. This would give me a edge in without additional rc at this time.

Reactions: elcapitan
Thanks for sharing! I'm going to see how I go with the phone first, but might get this little adapter in the end!

I use a mini 5 ipad and mount with my RC N1 for my MA2. This would give me a edge in without additional rc at this time.
Your Mini 5 Ipad is to slow to run the app with Neo , I tried with mine and got a message my device was too slow for reliable control , and it was far too slow to the point of locking up giving no control on Neo

Reactions: RcHawks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt