WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

Question for those of you with multiple drones?

Unfortunately, NO.

I have the original remote for the Mavic Air 2.

O3, O4, Oh my! :D

I fortunately have the N2 that came with the Air 3. But if I had to buy one that would have been ok, I think they only wanted $129

I fortunately have the N2 that came with the Air 3. But if I had to buy one that would have been ok, I think they only wanted $129

I've been researching and thinking going that route.

NEO FMC & Remote, not too bad price wise.

But the goggles & motion controller is the part that makes it enticing for a first time FPV flyer. :(

More $ spent on "accessories" than the drone itself.

Ugh.

I've been researching and thinking going that route.

NEO FMC & Remote, not too bad price wise.

But the goggles & motion controller is the part that makes it enticing for a first time FPV flyer. :(

More $ spent on "accessories" than the drone itself.

Ugh.

I think that's why they will produce an entry level set A pair that is only goggles without the Bells and whistles we FPVers never use anyway. My hope (unlikely} is they make the OSD work in BetaFlight so I can choose the info I see more "easily"

First time I've ever owned 2 drones, do you like having a remote with each drone?
How about the googles and motion control as well, do you like flying your non fpv drone with those controllers? I've never personally ever flown a drone with googles or motion control.
Up until today each of my aircraft have had a dedicated remote, now both my mini 4 pro and my NEO share my RC-N2. As for FPV flights, my Goggles2/MC2 work with both my mini 4 pro and my Mavic 3 Classic.

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
@Mrjohnhc1, I prefer to have one remote that I can use with all my drones. Right now I can use my RC Pro with my Mavic 3 Pro and my Mini 3 Pro. I do have the DJI RC that came with my Mavic 3 Pro which I kept and use as a backup controller since it works with both of the above drones. I do bind it to my Mini 3 Pro and use it occasionally when I am travelling or want a light minimalist package for hiking etc.

I do wish that DJI would make their controllers compatible with more of their drones. If I could use my RC Pro or my RC with the NEO, I would have purchased the drone only package already. I don't need the latest and greatest transmission protocol (O4), O3 is fine for me. I also like to keep additional components to a minimum if possible. Being able to pack up multiple drones and have only one controller when hiking, skiing etc to a location to fly is more practical and easier on the back, especially if carrying other camera equipment.

Chris

First time I've ever owned 2 drones, do you like having a remote with each drone?
I do like having a separate remote for each drone. It makes it easier to sell if I decide to scale back the fleet. With that said, I'm planning on using the smart phone app for the Neo for quick deployment while Vlogging. I have my Mini's and Mavic for more serious Part 107 work.

I do like having a separate remote for each drone. It makes it easier to sell if I decide to scale back the fleet. With that said, I'm planning on using the smart phone app for the Neo for quick deployment while Vlogging. I have my Mini's and Mavic for more serious Part 107 work.
Selling with a controller is a good point. I had trouble selling my original Mavic 3 as drone only. As soon as I decided to sell it with the controller and a battery, I had no problems.

Chris

I'm just spoiled by the RC-N2, that built in screen is nice. I could buy another RC-N2 but resale with a 199.00 NEO might be tough? I think RC-N2 is 369.00?

I think this will be the primary work for the neo.

I've got a second hand potensic atom en route, which I am yet to use. I know the remote isn't compatible...

Re: DJI items, the website suggests you can have one remote and sync it to different DJI drones at different times. For example, you can use if for the NEO, then resync it to use it with the mini pro on a different occassion.

The neo has a fly more bundle with the RC-N3 remote included (in the EU and UK, at least).
DJI suggest all of the following remotes are compatible with the NEO:
DJI RC 2
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller
DJI RC-N2 Remote Controller
DJI RC Motion 3, and
DJI FPV Remote Controller 3.

I have seen a YouTube video with a guy using his existing RC2 remote (the one with the video screen) with the NEO.

I've got a second hand potensic atom en route, which I am yet to use. I know the remote isn't compatible...

Re: DJI items, the website suggests you can have one remote and sync it to different DJI drones at different times. For example, you can use if for the NEO, then resync it to use it with the mini pro on a different occassion.

The neo has a fly more bundle with the RC-N3 remote included (in the EU and UK, at least).
DJI suggest all of the following remotes are compatible with the NEO:
DJI RC 2
DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller
DJI RC-N2 Remote Controller
DJI RC Motion 3, and
DJI FPV Remote Controller 3.

I have seen a YouTube video with a guy using his existing RC2 remote (the one with the video screen) with the NEO.
If you have the N2, you're good to go.
DJI would LOVE to see you buy all the extra accessories but they are not needed (unless you just want them)

DJI would LOVE to see you buy all the extra accessories but they are not needed (unless you just want them)
Exactly. I got the fly more bundle for the extra batteries. For me the N2 is a bonus as much of the additional control can be gained from the phone app. For me, the discount on the bundle made sense for the batteries and charger alone, so the remote was a bonus for a few extra ££.

Before to buy the fly more combo, found a N2 2nd hand, but new for €50, which is very cheap. Tought I'd buy it and a single drone package, but ended up buying the combo, because sooner, or later I'd need the extra batteries (flight time realistic 13-14 minutes) and the hub and maybe pay more at the end.

I'd have wanted the charging hub and extra batteries anyway so I checked getting drone only plus those or the combo and it made the RC come out at only $40ish. No reason not to.
Also while you can control with phone only it's only at close distance and very slow speeds.

I ordered the combo for the same reason(s)

WOW :oops:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt