WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

Neo finding satellites slowly

Christian

Reaction score
Comparing to my previous drones (Spark, Mini 1) the Neo finds sats very slowly.

I find this quite the benefit, there is a huge no fly zone in my city.

One can still do autonomous follow etc. while it does not have a gps lock there.
After some minutes it lands.

Once you want to use dji fly even only the mobile phone it will immediately request a gps lock.

I find this quite the benefit, there is a huge no fly zone in my city.

One can still do autonomous follow etc. while it does not have a gps lock there.
After some minutes it lands.

Once you want to use dji fly even only the mobile phone it will immediately request a gps lock.
Same. I live nearby an airport and generally Austria is full with no fly zones, so I can fly it at home. This is the reason, why I still fly my Tello, because it has no gps.

Thanks for sharing. I've read that the NEO is slow to pick up satellites. This is sad as you don't have much flight time as it is.

Thanks for sharing. I've read that the NEO is slow to pick up satellites. This is sad as you don't have much flight time as it is.
Hope, sw update will help...

Reactions: Anzacjack
The built in gps receiver is the worst I've ever seen. Even the Spark was much faster to find satellites (indoors). I live in a restricted zone, was never able to fly the Mini at home, the Spark only for a few minutes, but the Neo didn't find enough sats. I hope, it works better outdoors....

Didn't see a really significant difference, it's not getting signal in my flat but then the others also aren't or after a pretty long time. Outdoors was almost instant every time.
Kind of a plus to me since I'm in a zone, and when indoors you'd rather have a steady "no GPS" than spotty that keeps coming and going and changing the controls under you all the time anyway.

Didn't see a really significant difference, it's not getting signal in my flat but then the others also aren't or after a pretty long time. Outdoors was almost instant every time.
Kind of a plus to me since I'm in a zone, and when indoors you'd rather have a steady "no GPS" than spotty that keeps coming and going and changing the controls under you all the time anyway.
Is your connected smartphone was in airplane mode or with active 4G/5G? The phone I use, is only for the drones, not in use as a phone and don't have sim card in it and was in airplane mode. I think the drone needs A-Gps from the phone. Not sure.

Never heard of any DJI drone using the phone's location or AGPS. But my phones was connected yes.

Never heard of any DJI drone using the phone's location or AGPS. But my phones was connected yes.
I connected this time my regular smartphone and not better. 4-6 sats max. The only difference however, the warning message, that popped up, that I'm in the zone. In airplane mode, didn't pop up. Whatever, I can fly at home at least, which wasn't possible so far, with other dji drones.

Its a very small body and im guessing the antenna is also small. Im wondering if an upgrade to the gps receiver would help
This is how the Neo looks like inside.

Reactions: NEO 317
Not really a tear down. He just popped the bottom off. The GPS module would be under that board he is showing. Id like to see that
That was the only one I've found on YouTube.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt