WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

My neo has arrived!

elcapitan

Reaction score
I've unboxed, charged and tested!

I've had a go flying indoors with the remote, as it was raining. Worked well, but be careful getting too close to walls as it doesn't cope at all well with the draft it creates.

Stopped raining so I had a go with the follow me mode (medium) in the garden. It managed to follow me up steps in the garden no problem and follow me around for a few minutes. The video quality was very good. I won't post as I was out in my scruffy clothing. Looking forward to having a better play tomorrow and over the weekend. Will post some videos then.

Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted

I've unboxed, charged and tested!

I've had a go flying indoors with the remote, as it was raining. Worked well, but be careful getting too close to walls as it doesn't cope at all well with the draft it creates.

Stopped raining so I had a go with the follow me mode (medium) in the garden. It managed to follow me up steps in the garden no problem and follow me around for a few minutes. The video quality was very good. I won't post as I was out in my scruffy clothing. Looking forward to having a better play tomorrow and over the weekend. Will post some videos then.

Yes, be sure to post your first video in uniform... first impressions and all 😁😁😁

We're an easy crowd... jeans and a AC/DC Tee are just fine 😁

Glad to have you with us, Cap!

Indoor flying sounds very similar to the Tello, the only drone I have ever flown indoors. The prop draft makes it attract to the ceiling and walls. If the NEO looses GPS indoors which is likely then it won't have any brakes and will drift more.

Chris

Indoor flying sounds very similar to the Tello, the only drone I have ever flown indoors. The prop draft makes it attract to the ceiling and walls. If the NEO looses GPS indoors which is likely then it won't have any brakes and will drift more.

Same here. Also similar behavior with the Parrot Mamba, although it seems to do a bit better in low light holding position than the tello.

Prop guards for both flying indoors...

Chris
I fly my Tellos regularly at home. This summer I decided, to put on GemFan 75 propellers, which are quieter, than the original. The Neo is pretty loud and very high pitch.

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1

Chris
When I ordered the NEO, indoor flying was mainly what I had in mind. However, I'm not so sure about that now. I wonder if the DJI Avata 2 might be better for this.

Reactions: sarahb
Are you thinking of cancelling your NEO order?

I have never had an FPV drone like the Avata's and have never flown FPV. I will probably never fly it in my house as the sound would probably scare my son and irritate my wife.

Despite many cons for me, like noise and inability to adjust camera settings without a controller, the pros, like being able to do quick low level tracking shots and fly in areas with lots of obstacles outweigh all the cons. Initially the drone only package appealed to me but now I know I would need to have the FMC to make the camera adjustments I want.

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt