WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

High flying

Neo Avata

Reaction score
How high can this Neo go? I got the DJI email on the Neo yesterday and had to order one. It’s so small and light I would think a light wind would take it to the Land of Oz. Got the Avata 2, so I had to buy this one.

I wouldn't risk flying very high it could get carried away by wind pretty easily.

Yeah I’ll be keeping mine below the roof around the property when it’s a calm day or evening. Thought I was getting mine next week and now I find out it’s October, bummer!

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
With an 18-minute battery, I'm not sure I would be going too far or high with it. The Neo was really meant to have it near you.

With an 18-minute battery, I'm not sure I would be going too far or high with it.
You can go quite the distance so long as you stay within VLOS and as high as 400' AGL on an 18-minute battery. 18 minutes is about what I plan when I use my P4P v2
But I agree with your point.

You can go quite the distance so long as you stay within VLOS and as high as 400' AGL on an 18-minute battery. 18 minutes is about what I plan when I use my P4P v2
But I agree with your point.

Agreed.

I never wanted the SPARK to leave my sight and jokingly said I'd tie a string to it so if the RTH didn't work.

I'd have a failsafe method for retrieval. 😀

18 min is a TON of time! Most of my whoops are are a good 3 min or so! IF the wind is less than 5 mph I will bet this drone will handle this nicely. I dive towers and such with my tinywhoops on a calm breezy type day some of them can be almost 100 ft. and my whoops are about 70 grams. PLUS I am having trouble with that 18 min mark If I fly like I fly I am guessing we will see maybe 10 and I can imagine 15 min for the "average" selfie person. A 10 min tiny would be great to me!!

Last edited:
Yeah I’ll be keeping mine below the roof around the property when it’s a calm day or evening.

That's probably wise. This baby's not a high-flyer... Stick to what it was designed for – the autonomous selfie features, and FPV tinywhoop. That ain't soaring hundreds of feet over everything.

If you do decide to experiment (up to 400ft AGL), make sure you start low, say stay under 50ft, fly some distance upwind, maybe 500-1000ft, then watch your range as you ascend. Keep trying to fly upwind while you climb.

If/when you can't make forward progress, descend immediately back to 50ft, and fly back down home.

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
PLUS I am having trouble with that 18 min mark If I fly like I fly I am guessing we will see maybe 10 and I can imagine 15 min for the "average" selfie person. A 10 min tiny would be great to me!!

🤣

Few know of the obsolescence timer built in to every human that triggers exactly on the millisecond of your 60th birthday.

There is a sudden decline in reflexes, mental processing speed, increase in all sorts of aches and pains, digestive issues, difficulty seeing well at night, and a bunch of other unfun stuff.

It's coming, buddy... 😁😁😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt