WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

FPV Usage

GFields

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I'm reading, the NEO is catching the FPV audience. When I ordered the NEO, I didn't think about the FPV usage. I have never been able to fly FPV because of Vertigo. I was thinking of it's small size.
If FPV is its primary use I'm wondering if I should cancel my order.

Could you give me some feedback?

These might help with regard to FPV. I'm waiting for BF/holidays:

My point is that I don't intend on using FPV and definitely will not be using goggles.

Reactions: Cafguy and sarahb
You can fly tinywhoops line of site and still have huge fun with them!!!! Just because you don't fly FPV does not mean you won't have a lot of fun with this Drone.
Of course its not gonna fly or have the same agility as a freestyle. The motors and the PID tune will be what I want to see first hand for myself. ( the guy in the video is spot on about DJI and lousy tunes!)
This Drone will sell like hotcakes! BUT You won't find too many repeat FPV'ers if you can't adjust the PID's...Just sayin.
It does me little good if i can't swap the motors for better ones and with closed source I am stuck with OEM parts and settings.
I will still be getting one, I don't expect it to keep up with my ROMA I just need it to rip around a bit and be fun and so far it passes those tests. Weather or not it can keep up with a HappyModel Mobius I think most of us already knew the answer to that was NO.

Last edited:
I predict $99 sale prices on this drone for BF and the holidays! Wouldn't that be awesome. :)

That would mean huge NEO sales with no goggles which means this drone is very good for non-FPV I guess.

Reactions: Cafguy
From what I'm reading, the NEO is catching the FPV audience. When I ordered the NEO, I didn't think about the FPV usage. I have never been able to fly FPV because of Vertigo. I was thinking of it's small size.

Could you give me some feedback?
You can fly the neo how you want. With the RC-N3/N2 like any other dji photo drone, but if someone has a goggles 3 and motion controller / FPV controller 3, it works like a FPV drone.

There is also a bigger cost in Flying Drones FPV style. Just the way we fly Burns thru tiny motors! The damage we do to the batteries by pushing the throttle and flying as we do will mean some will learn what a swollen Battery looks like. The only way this will ever work well for FPV is if they keep plenty of replacement motors available. Some of my whoops eat thru motors! ( did someone say Emax?)

There is also a bigger cost in Flying Drones FPV style. Just the way we fly Burns thru tiny motors! The damage we do to the batteries by pushing the throttle and flying as we do will mean some will learn what a swollen Battery looks like. The only way this will ever work well for FPV is if they keep plenty of replacement motors available. Some of my whoops eat thru motors! ( did someone say Emax?)
FPV doesn't necessarily mean, that the pilot keeps on doing power loops, yaw spins and all those tricks. This drone (as told by dji and is in the manual too) mainly focuses on noobs, who try to practise throttle control and basic manoeuvres. Or just for cruising type of flights, like I fly my drones. This is why I bought this drone and not a cetus x, aquila 16 or a emax tiny whoop. I use even my Tello to fly FPV, with smooth control the brushed motors live kinda long. (I'm somewhere 75 km flown distance).

And to be honest, I just don't understand the logic behind this. If someone is noob and wants to fly fpv with this drone, that means a drone is needed (relatively cheap) a motion controller 3 / fpv controller 3 and a goggles 3 needed, which are NOT cheap. If someone buys only the drone, without the fly more combo, extra batteries will be needed, if someone buys the combo, buys a unwanted controller with it. So, at the end of the day, it costs almost as much, as the avata / avata 2 or 4 new Beta FPV Aquila 16 or cetus x kits.

Last edited:
FPV doesn't necessarily mean, that the pilot keeps on doing power loops, yaw spins and all those tricks. This drone (as told by dji and is in the manual too) mainly focuses on noobs, who try to practise throttle control and basic manoeuvres. Or just for cruising type of flights, like I fly my drones. This is why I bought this drone and not a cetus x, aquila 16 or a emax tiny whoop. I use even my Tello to fly FPV, with smooth control the brushed motors live kinda long. (I'm somewhere 75 km flown distance).

And to be honest, I just don't understand the logic behind this. If someone is noob and wants to fly fpv with this drone, that means a drone is needed (relatively cheap) a motion controller 3 / fpv controller 3 and a goggles 3 needed, which are NOT cheap. If someone buys only the drone, without the fly more combo, extra batteries will be needed, if someone buys the combo, buys a unwanted controller with it. So, at the end of the day, it costs almost as much, as the avata / avata 2 or 4 new Beta FPV Aquila 16 or cetus x kits.
Apparently there are cheap DJI goggles coming soon and paired with cheap RC3, won't be so bad.

Reactions: Christian
YES FPV is NOT cheap that is true! Drones crash and bodies, motors, stacks, It all adds up. Goggles are a huge expense, My HD Zero goggles cost 1200 bucks with corrective lenses and various modules.
The best way to get into FPV is still analog. You can get a Very nice analog setup with everything for about 5 to 6 hundred. Move to Digital and now your spending the big bucks for a setup!

I just went ahead and bit the bullet, Goggles 3 and fpv controller 3 on the way.

This may be the most irritating thing about the neo setup - the drone itself is by far the cheapest piece.
which also makes it quite easy for a beginner to digest a hard crash, 19€ for accidental damage with care refresh is a no brainer

YES FPV is NOT cheap that is true! Drones crash and bodies, motors, stacks, It all adds up. Goggles are a huge expense, My HD Zero goggles cost 1200 bucks with corrective lenses and various modules.
The best way to get into FPV is still analog. You can get a Very nice analog setup with everything for about 5 to 6 hundred. Move to Digital and now your spending the big bucks for a setup!
For noobs the fpv is a mess. Analog? Digital? Which digital, walksnail or dji o3/o4 or hdzero? And this is just the video transmission, there's the radio too. Looks like the ELRS is the best, but many small drones have FrSky receiver. So, you need to invest serious money.

Imo for casual users, like myself the the dronemask is the best solution. Costs 180€ and makes all drones fpv compatibe, that have a controller and an app running on smartphone. Cruising around with dji photo drones is very convenient and reliable. I've flown hundreds of kms without a single crash. Okay, these drones don't do acro, but fly very reliable. Since everything is paired already, no hassle with the different protocols.

Reactions: Cafguy and Krrr
Not "primary use"... that's the whole thing about the neo, you can fly it in all of the ways any DJI aircraft have ever been able to be flown.
Usually you had to buy a different aircraft for each flying style, this one can do them all. Of course it's gonna catch the FPV audience since it's the first time you can do so with a DJI drone without buying a purpose-specific model, and overall it's a really good option for the price.

Last edited:
I just went ahead and bit the bullet, Goggles 3 and fpv controller 3 on the way.

This may be the most irritating thing about the neo setup - the drone itself is by far the cheapest piece.
which also makes it quite easy for a beginner to digest a hard crash, 19€ for accidental damage with care refresh is a no brainer
I have a dronemask, so the neo is already fpv without any additinal fees.

Just the way we fly Burns thru tiny motors! The damage we do to the batteries by pushing the throttle and flying as we do will mean some will learn what a swollen Battery looks like.
Well that's the good thing with DJI ones, it's not gonna let you cause either of these by overpowering it.

I have a dronemask, so the neo is already fpv without any additinal fees.
Thankfully you don't know what you're missing I guess.

Well that's the good thing with DJI ones, it's not gonna let you cause either of these by overpowering it.

Thankfully you don't know what you're missing I guess.
What?

I never liked the goggles. I found the Dronemask 2 works great but my Xreal Glasses are the ticket (for the A3 and M4P, hoping they work with the Neo. Light and easy.

I never liked the goggles. I found the Dronemask 2 works great but my Xreal Glasses are the ticket (for the A3 and M4P, hoping they work with the Neo. Light and easy.
you do know that delay is a critical problem when flying fpv, right?

I've looked into it, you won't get a fast enough signal out of the dji fly app for the neo to use xreal or sth else. Not going to happen.

I mean as long as they don't fly manual it'll be just as good/bad as on the others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt