WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

Watching with interest!

Chrislaf

Reaction score
The new NEO is an interesting drone and reminds me of my previous Spark which I loved since it can be flown in a variety of ways. It also reminds me of the Tello which could also just be flown with a phone and is small and light. I have always wanted to try FPV but am not willing to spend lots of $$$ just to get goggles and a controller to do FPV. The price point of the NEO only package makes it a tempting purchase, but to use it with FPV would require me to purchase additional accessories I don't have, like the goggles and a controller. I am hoping DJI will release a budget set of goggles that the rumour mill has been talking about to compliment the drone. I am also hoping that maybe DJI will make it compatible with some of the screened controllers like the DJI RC and the DJI RC 2, but based on DJI not making other newer tech not backward compatible, I am not holding my breath.

For now I will wait and see what others who buy this drone, think of it. Looking forward to reading on NEOPilots about the experiences of people who have it.

Chris

Interesting they didn't offer the DJI RC-N3 in a package here in US.

Last edited:
Interesting they didn't offer the DJI RC-N3 in a package here in US.
It’s also interesting that there is no information (that I can find) about it being compatible with a screened controller. You would think that they would be moving away from using the phone as a controller. They are probably doing that to keep the price down but it would be handy for those of us who already have a screened controller. It might even tempt me more.

Chris

Hi Chrislaf, I did read on reddit that it is compatible with screened controllers, but that's nothing official just posts on reddit. I'm also wondering what's different with the RC-N3 than other controllers?

Reactions: Chrislaf
I fly my FPV quads without any kind of screen other than the goggles. Wonder if there's a reason why you wouldn't be able to do the same with the NEO.

It’s also interesting that there is no information (that I can find) about it being compatible with a screened controller. You would think that they would be moving away from using the phone as a controller. They are probably doing that to keep the price down but it would be handy for those of us who already have a screened controller. It might even tempt me more.

Chris
It’s in the faq section DJI Neo - FAQ - DJI

DJI RC 2, DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller, DJI RC-N2 Remote Controller, DJI RC Motion 3, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 3.

Chris
RC2 is on the compatibility list, also in the app

RC2 is on the compatibility list, also in the app
Don’t have any version of RC2 (screened or not), only have RC1 and RC Pro which are both unlikely to be supported. I wish DJI would support these older controllers which are still being sold, then I would be very tempted.

Chris

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself. (if you haven't already)

Don’t have any version of RC2 (screened or not), only have RC1 and RC Pro which are both unlikely to be supported. I wish DJI would support these older controllers which are still being sold, then I would be very tempted.

Chris
RC1 most likely won't be supported as Neo uses O4 video transmission. RC2 uses O4 and RC1 is O3.

It is supposed to be compatible with the R2

It’s in the faq section DJI Neo - FAQ - DJI

DJI RC 2, DJI RC-N3 Remote Controller, DJI RC-N2 Remote Controller, DJI RC Motion 3, and DJI FPV Remote Controller 3.

DJI RC2 has a screen. WOOHOO!!

Happy the N2 is going to be supported too. I've got both, so the US Combo bundle is perfect. Exactly what I've been wanting with earlier drones.

Last edited:
RC1 most likely won't be supported as Neo uses O4 video transmission. RC2 uses O4 and RC1 is O3.
Yah, that’s what I figure too.

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1

The best answer is to add support for the RC1 drones to the RC2, and then offer an attractively priced trade-in for the RC1. Then a refurbished fire sale on RC1's for the budget conscious with Mini 3(P) drones to upgrade from the RC-N1.

Supporting O4 and O3 on the RC1 is probably not possible given the poor design an extremely limited resources, like RAM.

I know, stop with all that fantasy stuff... 😁

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt