WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

Question for those of you with multiple drones?

Mrjohnhc1

Reaction score
First time I've ever owned 2 drones, do you like having a remote with each drone?
How about the googles and motion control as well, do you like flying your non fpv drone with those controllers? I've never personally ever flown a drone with googles or motion control.

Reactions: RcHawks and Cafguy
First time I've ever owned 2 drones, do you like having a remote with each drone?
I don't like that at all If DJI would sell an "module" that could be put on other radios That would be the greatest!! My DJI's or DJI recievers on other drones are the only Drones that I need a DJI radio for. The rest of my other Drones Bind right to my RadioMaster Zorro and that Controller is 10 times better than any DJI controller by a long shot!
DJI makes decent controllers tho and the Goggles are NICE! (I still like my HD Zeros better) As for Motion Controllers I have no clue yet.

Last edited:
Definitely not, but in the DJI world we don't really have much choice since having a remote be able to work fully with more than one aircraft model is the exception rather than the norm.
Heck for the Neo if you want to use it in all the ways it can be used you need 3 remotes for the same model...

DJI sometimes offers drone-only SKUs, or bundles without a controller. It's very inconsistent, though. Might have something to do with the profit margin on the drone itself.

We won in the US on the Neo... The "Combo" bundle, drone, 3 batteries, and charging hub are perfect if you already have Goggles 3, or any of the recent RCs from purchasing an Avata 2, Mini 4 Pro, Air 3, etc.

How about the googles and motion control
I don't plan to fly FPV or use goggles or motion control. I plan to fly it like the other 4 drones in my fleet. My main interest in the NEO is for flying in tight places and perhaps interior work.

I don't plan to fly FPV or use goggles or motion control. I plan to fly it like the other 4 drones in my fleet. My main interest in the NEO is for flying in tight places and perhaps interior work.
I don’t fly FPV either, because the price of entry (goggles, motion controller, etc) is too much for what my usage would be. Also, here in Canada I would need a spotter with goggles and since I always fly alone that rules that out. However with the NEO being well below 250g I wouldn’t need one.

I’m hoping the rumours about a low cost goggles for the NEO materializes then I would consider the NEO. Flying it would be for fun rather than for photography.

Chris

Would love to have similar equipment but unfortunately that isn't a win for the customer. You wouldn't get the price break (which means you'll overpay for your drone) and true to DJI form, you wouldn't get the full functionality since many of their features rely on the equipment. Imagine if not all Avata drone had head-tracking capabilities because some of the kits they sold didn't include the motion controller? DJI doesn't want that even though you and I might want that.

Since remotes, controllers, and or goggles retain their value well-enough, they move freely about the open market with nearly zero encumbrances (not locked down or severe restrictions by model, well defined and clearly marked for compability) then I would rate the current DJI strategy as ok to mostly acceptable (by exerting more control over what accessories you have to buy with your drone and limiting the drone-only sku to certain conditions). It could be the drone-only NEO was driven by inability to offer the kitted sku in the US, wide compatibility with most existing equipment on day 1, the intended sku (new goggles?) unavailable on day 1, and the need to offer a super low competitive price of $199 for a DJI drone (which we'll probably never see again). That alone is going to stick it to the competitors.

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
Speaking of expense I wonder how much the motors will cost? (Those of you new to tinywhoops should know you will be replacing those tiny motors from time to time.

Is the RC-N1 (from my Mini 2) compatible? Or do I need to buy a new one?
And is there a pkg with the controller or is it a separate purchase?
Thanks
Craig

Is the RC-N1 (from my Mini 2) compatible? Or do I need to buy a new one?
And is there a pkg with the controller or is it a separate purchase?
Thanks
Craig
As of now, the RC-N1 is NOT compatible. DJI released a firmware update to make the RC-N2 compatible but no word on if they will for the N1

As of now, the RC-N1 is NOT compatible. DJI released a firmware update to make the RC-N2 compatible but no word on if they will for the N1
So is there a bundle that includes the RC? I didn't see one on the dji website.

No. You have to buy the controller separately. The only combo they offer is with the drone and extra batteries

Not [yet] in the United States; however the combo/bundle with the Neo + RC is sold *today* basically everywhere else in the world where DJI drones are available.

IT would be nice to have a Bundle with the Controller 3 I bet it won't take them too long!
I will bet these things are selling like the last beer at the bar!
My compliments to DJI For a wonderful scense of humor. I am grinning ear to ear right now at the fact that they are filling the American skies with lots more cheap DJI's!!!:D

Not sure of your location, but out of curiosity, I checked Best Buy in Canada and they have a FMC with the controller.

Maybe drive across the border and pick one up?

It's a nine hour roundtrip for me if I did it.

Under $800 so probably no customs duty taxes?

I personally don't think it is worth it because you don't know if you can bring that back across the border and canada is pretty strict these days. it's a risk you can take but i just don't see it as necessary when it's more than like one day will show up here in the US. if this were blocked forever, sure I would say go to canada, go buy one and then mail it home in pieces hoping everything lands. today, you're probably better off by order in the us, add the controller, pay a little bit extra which should be less than a 9hr trip to canada.

I personally don't think it is worth it because you don't know if you can bring that back across the border and canada is pretty strict these days. it's a risk you can take but i just don't see it as necessary when it's more than like one day will show up here in the US. if this were blocked forever, sure I would say go to canada, go buy one and then mail it home in pieces hoping everything lands. today, you're probably better off by order in the us, add the controller, pay a little bit extra which should be less than a 9hr trip to canada.

Just a silly thought I had.

I'll be patient and purchase stuff separately if needed.

$$$$ 🙃

☮️

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt