WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

possible ways to enable FCC

djiuser12345

Reaction score
Hello Friends, just a short PSA of how the NEO can be changed to FCC:

Options for Neo​

1. Currently, the easiest way to change to FCC is by having Goggles 3 with the HAM File on a SD Card
  2. The next (possible, but not yet working) way would be drone-tweaks.

Option 1)​

Create a empty file (0B) with name "ham_cfg_support" in the root of your SD Card,​
insert the SD Card in your goggles and keep it in there.​
Not only will it change to FCC, it will also enable the 5.2 Ghz Band (if disabled in your region)​
AND it can potentially unlock the speed (if limited in regions, it already does on avata 2)​

Option 2)​

Drone-Tweaks say they are working on it, due to the heavy app changes this can take some time.​
With this option you most probably can change the altitude from 120m to 500m for the neo also (not confirmed, will test this out ASAP, worked fine for mini 4k)
If you know any other options, feel free to add them.
Please adhere to your local regulations and do not interfere others communication!

Happy flying

Last edited:
I think the range is determined by the battery capacity, not the signal strength, so I won't do fcc hack. By bigger drones, with longer flight time it makes sense, by the Neo not. But, thanks for sharing. I've seen a vid on YouTube, but wasn't interested.

FCC is not only for distance,
its probably the only way I can get around my house in the woods without connection interrupts.

This is ~50m with concrete/steel in the way

In other words: CE is a real challenge for manufacturers

Reactions: Christian
FCC is not only for distance,
its probably the only way I can get around my house in the woods without connection interrupts.

This is ~50m with concrete/steel in the way

In other words: CE is a real challenge for manufacturers
Actually agree. Maybe because of the penetration. I've hacked my Spark, but that had a real weak signal. I hate, that we europeans get weaker models, but I think this time I won't do it.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing

Reactions: NEO 317
I think the range is determined by the battery capacity, not the signal strength, so I won't do fcc hack. By bigger drones, with longer flight time it makes sense, by the Neo not. But, thanks for sharing. I've seen a vid on YouTube, but wasn't interested.

For me, signal strength is about penetration, not range. Battery capacity doesn't matter.

Of course, I'm in the US, so this more a curiosity than something I have to deal with. Sympathy, EU brothers...

For me, signal strength is about penetration, not range. Battery capacity doesn't matter.

Of course, I'm in the US, so this more a curiosity than something I have to deal with. Sympathy, EU brothers...
I like long range (how long, it depends on the drone) cruising on low altitude. I fly my drones, if wanna forget the world and chill. Nothing else. I never make selfies, fotos and sometimes videos. Try to find an open place, where I don't bother anyone. This is why I'm not interested in penetration, but more in range. If would interested in these things, would buy an elrs radio and real fpv drone, not dji.

Drone-Tweaks.com updated their app to 1.14.2 and FCC works,
contrary to my belief it does not allow you to tweak the altitude limit to 500m for the neo. There must be something new here, it works fine with mini 4k.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt