WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

Greetings from remote island in Alaska

AlaskanGuy

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals.

I am AlaskanGuy and I live on a remote island about 200 miles off the coast of SE Alaska. Our village has about 70 people including dogs.. LOL

We live a subsistence lifestyle here. There are no real stores or shopping areas, no fast food unless you count deer as fast food. No Uber, no door dash, and no traffic. To get to a grocery store, it takes about 1/2 day travel. To get to a Walmart, it 3 hour drive, and 3 hour ferry ride. mail is delivered by a float plane to our community boat doc once a week in the summer, and whenever the weather allows in the winter if the harbor is ice free and the plane can land.

We Hunt, Fish, gather, and forage for shrimp clams, salmon, deer, bear, and whatever else walks by.most folks here have a greenhouse for vegetables, and we can everything in Jars and freezers for winter. We also freeze dry stuff for longer term storage. It is normal to have a years supply of food at all times just for food security.

I use drones as a tool for our subsistance life. I do not hunt with one, but I do use my air 3 or mini 4 pro often to check salmon numbers in the rivers and lakes. I also use my drones to check habitat critical for a successful hunting and foraging.

I figure I will send along a couple pics so folks can see what it looks like around here. Perhaps a video as well… check it out..

IMG_7437.jpeg

Hello from the Crossroads of America again AlaskanGuy.

Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your wilderness.

Welcome to the NEO Forum. :cool:

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Love the videos!!
Welcome from NE Ohio!! :)

Thanks guys… how about this one..

I was trying to figure out how to active track my puppy… but…. Won’t work. At least I could not figure it out.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt