WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

The Most Fun I've Had with a Drone in Ages

Lastrexking

Reaction score
My Neo arrived yesterday, but the weather was rubbish. Thankfully, today is nice and bright, albeit pretty windy. So, I took the Neo for a flight around my garden and I'm really impressed. I used the controller from my Mini4 and ran some laps and a few basic manoeuvres. It's pretty nippy in sports mode and given how windy it is, it really held its own. It's so easy to deploy just turn it on and go, which means this is going to be a great tool for casual, fun flying. I"m quite tempted to buy an Avata2 now, as I can see me getting the FPV bug.

I received the glasses, fpv and motion controller for my neo yesterday.

There is indeed a sudden urge to buy a avata 2 now. That ocusync 4 melts thoughts in our brains like advertisements
The glasses and controller are £660 alone, but the Avata2 combo with those included is £879, so it seems better value to go for the full set. I'm holding off, hoping wanting it will wear off in a few days.

Reactions: NEO 317
I have learnt the best way to purchase this rather expensive stuff is used.

Besides that it seemed like the fpv controller was nowhere available for me.

So I landed waay below your figure

The AVATA 2 is a nice Drone The only thing that has kept one out of my Hanger (until now) is the fact that I can't have a Tackle box full of parts too repair it with!. So unless you have a bunch of money you are limited really. I suppose you could get a backup(ouch) Avata.
If you are gonna stay in the Hobby I would highly suggest you look at a Cinebot before getting an AVATA. The cinebot can be repaired "on-the-fly" Sure you can repiar an Avata BUT its going home to the repair Table and your day is done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
The glasses and controller are £660 alone, but the Avata2 combo with those included is £879, so it seems better value to go for the full set. I'm holding off, hoping wanting it will wear off in a few days.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Wear off?

I have a special on several bridges I'm selling... PM me 🤣

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
The AVATA 2 is a nice Drone The only thing that has kept one out of my Hanger is the fact that I can't have a Tackle box full of parts too repair it with!. So unless you have a bunch of money you are limited really. I suppose you could get a backup(ouch) Avata.
If you are gonna stay in the Hobby I would highly suggest you look at a Cinebot before getting an AVATA. The cinebot can be repaired "on-the-fly" Sure you can repiar an Avata BUT its going home to the repair Table and your day is done.
I’ve been in this hobby for years. I used to build my own, so I have plenty of back ups - the Neo will be my Avata back up, and at only £165 it’s easily replaced. And, I’ve never had a crash yet thankfully. 😊

Well, I have caved in. My Avata2 fly more arrives in the morning.

My friend, I am laughing so hard with you it's a coffee-spitting moment. Let's see, hope it wears off in a few days? post times in my TZ were 3:02am then 7:33am... You lasted 4 hours 31 minutes. 🤣🤣🤣

Confession: You held out longer than I would.

Prediction: You ain't gonna be sorry. 😁

Last edited:
I’ve been in this hobby for years. I used to build my own, so I have plenty of back ups - the Neo will be my Avata back up, and at only £165 it’s easily replaced. And, I’ve never had a crash yet thankfully. 😊
Thats cool For me crashing is part of the hobby. I am bouncing off gates or poles, Hitting roofs while doing dives thru openings or just "losing it" from time to time. I think as I pilot I am pretty decent for an FPV,er. I could not tell you how many times I have Crashed an FPV Drone lol BUT its a few times at least each Day. I have never Crashed a camera Drone. BUT I don't use them the same.

Awesome! Can't wait until mine arrives

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt