WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

so since i made my thread (an unexpected discovery)

Old Man Mavic

Reaction score
so today i tried to discover more about the Neos features ,by going into the App on my phone, and setting up different parameters ,in the various automated flight modes
i set the height ,distance and image capture ,spotlight at the moment, is the only one to either be Video or photo, ( if you set photo it tracks you, and then if you stop for more than 3 seconds it takes a photo)
i also tried out voice control, one final thing, the settings that you have chosen in the connected phones App, appear to remain in the drones memory,even when you susequently fly it without any connected device ,i found the voice control usefull in follow mode, as i was able to alter the follow distance and height ,as i drove along on my scooter without the need to touch the screen of the phone,just say hey fly and then say what you want it to do
with regards to my thread title DOOO how dumb was i ,of course the neo is going to alter its height as it follows you ,so it shouldn't have been unexpected ( put it down to my Age )
the way this thing works has just blown me away

Thanks OMM for this information as there seems to be a great amount of confusion about it

I'm still confused. I'm trying to figure out whether camera settings like sharpening that are made on a phone plus the RC-N3/N2 will stick when just using the phone only as control. I realize that you cannot access settings like sharpening on the phone only control but if they are set up when the phone is connected to a controller (N3/N2) do they remain when using the phone only even though you can't access them and also do they remain if you just use the Neo by itself with no controller.

This fact will affect whether or not I buy the Neo and what package I purchase.

Chris

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
I'm still confused. I'm trying to figure out whether camera settings like sharpening that are made on a phone plus the RC-N3/N2 will stick when just using the phone only as control. I realize that you cannot access settings like sharpening on the phone only control but if they are set up when the phone is connected to a controller (N3/N2) do they remain when using the phone only even though you can't access them and also do they remain if you just use the Neo by itself with no controller.

This fact will affect whether or not I buy the Neo and what package I purchase.

Chris
I can’t change the camera settings (sharpness for example) on my phone, only through the rcn3 or goggles.

I can’t change the camera settings (sharpness for example) on my phone, only through the rcn3 or goggles.
But when you do make those changes on the RC-N3 then switch back to the phone only or even drone only, they don't stick do they?

Chris

Would someone with an RC-N3 please do a simple experiment?

Connect to the N3, set sharpening to it's maximum. Power everything down, power up the Neo, do some simple QS like orbit. Power down the Neo.

Repeat entire sequence but set sharpening to minimum. Try and repeat the flight as close to the same as possible (i.e. location, orientation, etc.)

Post the two videos.

Paul, the OP just did it for real and says they do.

How do you reconcile that?
Because the settings that ARE measurable between the full app usage at my end are NOT mesurarable in the mobile app.

Example - connected to RC and changed the sharpness down and changed a setting on the dronie

Reconnected with the portrait app - the dronie change was NOT ported over. However, I cannot check if the sharpness setting was ported because there is no way to check that in the app only setting.

Because the settings that ARE measurable between the full app usage at my end are NOT mesurarable in the mobile app.

Example - connected to RC and changed the sharpness down and changed a setting on the dronie

Reconnected with the portrait app - the dronie change was NOT ported over. However, I cannot check if the sharpness setting was ported because there is no way to check that in the app only setting.
If you use a sharpness setting at the extreme (all the way up or all the way down), you should be able to tell if it’s ported over if you take a photo or video in the app only.

Chris

the problem that arises, is that in order to change any of the drone only settings, requires it to be connected to a phone only ,not with the N3 RC ,
and the flight parameters that you set using the phone and fly App to alter them,are the ones that remain in the drone untill they are next altered
anytime any form of RC is used those settings are stored in the RC ,and are not relevent once the drone disconnects from the controller

Reactions: Chrislaf
If you use a sharpness setting at the extreme (all the way up or all the way down), you should be able to tell if it’s ported over if you take a photo or video in the app only.

Chris
I did that - don't think it made any difference. Also tried changing the codec, the frame rate and changing to 1080p - no difference either

Reactions: Chrislaf
the problem that arises, is that in order to change any of the drone only settings, requires it to be connected to a phone only ,not with the N3 RC ,
and the flight parameters that you set using the phone and fly App to alter them,are the ones that remain in the drone untill they are next altered
anytime any form of RC is used those settings are stored in the RC ,and are not relevent once the drone disconnects from the controller
That seems to be the case for the quick shots but not for camera specific settings which can only be changed when connected to an RC. Camera specific settings don't seem to be transferred to the drone or the drone plus a phone only as controller and there is no way to check other than viewing photos or footage.

If this is the case then the NEO is basically a dumbed down mini version of my Mini 3 Pro as it requires a controller like the RC-N3 to alter camera settings, which for me makes it much less attractive for my uses since the default camera settings are too strong for me.

Chris

I did that - don't think it made any difference. Also tried changing the codec, the frame rate and changing to 1080p - no difference either
Thanks, that's really disappointing for me because I like to be able to customize my camera settings to suit the environment I fly in. The thing that attracted me to the NEO in the first place was the ability to use it without an external controller. I always have my phone with me so being able to alter camera settings with my phone would be handy. I am not talking about altering quick shot parameters which I never use.

This is looking more and more like it is not the drone for me at this time.

Chris

It appears that based on the real experience of @Old Man Mavic, @Kilrah, and @pauljmuk, the answer to this question – what parameter changes made in the full-function DJI Fly connected to the RC-N2/3 persist when the Neo is flown standalone – does not have a simple answer.

It appears the answer is, "some", DJI doesn't tell us in the manual, so it appears at the moment this is subject to discovery and experimentation.

Moderators: Is it possible to create a thread with the first post editable by any member?

Anyone know if sharpness is recorded in EXIF (and does Neo write EXIF)?

Moderators: Is it possible to create a thread with the first post editable by any member?
No this is not possible. Anyone can comment but not edit someone else's post/thread except for a moderator/admin

Reactions: sarahb and NEO 317
My first flights with the RC3 were bad but I don't remember what the stock sharpness setting was, 0 or +2. So I'm not sure if what I'm seeing now is due to switching to 0, or if the .200 firmware update improved things...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt