WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

NEO Tracking and flying in tight spaces

Chrislaf

Reaction score
I just got back from a walk in the woods with my son that I often take to one of my flying locations. I usually do not use my Mini 3 Pro for any tracking shots but today I wanted to test it out with Active Track with the drone in front of us to see if it would be suitable for this purpose. The trail we walked on had lots of foliage that is still on the trees so at many points it was like walking through a tunnel of foliage.

I had the drone set to Bypass and Failsafe set to Hover. For the most part it seemed to do ok until it was in a complex environment that had foliage in close proximity on both sides and on top. I had to stop the tracking a few times so that it would not hit the foliage and at one point it actually did clip some leaves but recovered and continued on. I thought that it would have plummeted to the ground but was ok. I found myself constantly ready on the controller to stop the tracking. This is not what I want to be doing. I want to enjoy the walk and not worry about the drone too much.

Sure a Mini 4 Pro might be a bit better but this is one of the big reasons I am interested in the NEO - set it and forget it, and if it bumps into foliage I know it is well protected.

One other big reason is flying the NEO in tight spaces (no goggles) with the controller. On our walk we pass a beautiful little stream but it is completely covered in thick foliage and small branches from the sides and above. I have always wanted to fly my Mini 3 Pro in there but never did because it would definitely crash but with the NEO, this would be possible due to its props being full protected. If I did crash or loose it, I wouldn't be out a lot of $$.

I am now heavily leaning toward the FMC.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt