WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

Geozone Unlocks via Goggles?

djiuser12345

Reaction score
I received a unlock license to fly in my home geo zone,
it does import fine with the N3 Controller and my phone.

Question: how do I do the same with only goggles and fpv controller / motion controller ?

I connected the phone to the goggles but there was no such option to transfer the license to the drone, am I blind?

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
I received a unlock license to fly in my home geo zone,
it does import fine with the N3 Controller and my phone.

Question: how do I do the same with only goggles and fpv controller / motion controller ?

I connected the phone to the goggles but there was no such option to transfer the license to the drone, am I blind?
Great question. I don't use goggles, but maybe someone that does can provide an answer. If the option isn't there, then the controller may be the only way to do it. Have you researched the manual to the googles or the DJI website?

EDIT: this is wrong information, Solution is given here: Geozone Unlocks via Goggles?

The manuals won't tell you any about that. Goggles manual doesn't even know Neo :D
I just had a talk with DJI and they confirmed my findings, in essence:

You will need a N2 or N3 controller to transfer a geozone unlock license to NEO.
A pure FPV setup (Goggles) will not allow you to.

The technical support also took a while to acknowledge this fact but they took notes and may improve on this with their engineering team.
Which is kind of a sign that it was released too fast, they sell Neo without controller (aircraft only) but you can't get the unlock license on the craft.

Just so that you guys can see the options given when controlled via goggles - its uber neutered.

IMG_8616.PNG

Last edited:
You will need a N2 or N3 controller to transfer a geozone unlock license to NEO.
A pure FPV setup (Goggles) will not allow you to.
Even with the FPV Controller 3 you won't be able to unlock? That would royally suck! I have no plans of getting an N2 or N3.

Even with the FPV Controller 3 you won't be able to unlock? That would royally suck! I have no plans of getting an N2 or N3.
any controller used with the goggles is bluetooth only and not involved in this process of transferrin the license,
so no, you won't unlock with a controller

any controller used with the goggles is bluetooth only and not involved in this process of transferrin the license,
so no, you won't unlock with a controller
That is most definitely a giant obstacle in the path of me buying this thing then. :mad:

Are you sure you can't transfer it by going into profile->settings->unlock GEO zone from the Fly App's home page while connected to the neo through wifi, i.e. after backing out from the Neo-specific interface? I don't have an unlock to try with but syncing with aircraft there doesn't return an error.

• Love
Reactions: okw and Mrjohnhc1
Are you sure you can't transfer it by going into profile->settings->unlock GEO zone from the Fly App's home page while connected to the neo through wifi, i.e. after backing out from the Neo-specific interface? I don't have an unlock to try with but syncing with aircraft there doesn't return an error.
My man just comes in here and solves the problem which not even dji technical support knew how to solve.

It works, thank you! I did not remember this hidden place to transfer the license. And apparently DJI also :D

As stated above, here are the detailed steps from this thread for the Avata on DJI forum. Give it a try and let us know what happens:

1000019941.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt