WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

First functional addition in future firmware

Droning on and on...

Reaction score
This thread's mainly just light-hearted fun. Title says it all... When some sort of new functionality is added in a near-future firmware release, what do you think it will be?

More automated flight patterns? Voice control? Selectable RID?

I think all of those and more will be coming, but the voice control will be first, as that's already committed.

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
Well slap me! I don't have one yet being in the US, and had heard VC wasn't available yet. I'll be changing my wake word to, "Yo, Neo!"... You've all been informed, it's mine, you can't use it 😁😁

Okay then, first will be RID.

48 mp capability

48 mp capability

That would be nice, but I don't think the ½" sensor is a 12/48MP quad bayer layout.

Because of the Hover X1 Pro and MAX, I'm strongly suspicious we'll see a Neo Pro in less than a year with the 1/1.3" sensor from the Avata 2 / M4P /Air 3, all the goodies that come with it, more power, better downward camera, 48mb storage, maybe a card slot (but I doubt it), and upgraded system resources (CPU, RAM, NVM). 120bps recording bandwidth. closer to 200g.

Essentially a mini Avata 2. If sales to us experienced pilots meet or exceed targets, and the rumored new cheap goggles sell well, I'd expect DJI to capitalize on this versatility and more advanced capability as a key differentiator from the X1 line, marketing the concept that this drone can grow with you and your skills.

Cheap goggles for this cheap bird will make it a winner for sure

I agree.

I'm thinking about getting an Avata 2 FMC and pick up a NEO as a side piece.

If I read correctly, Avata 2 stuff will work with the NEO.

But that's what DJI wants consumers to do. Consume. :D

A cheaper pair of goggles / remote would be worthy for those that don't have the stuff (yet).

Correct. The FMC for both gives you everything... except the FPV RC3 you still have to get separately :rolleyes:

Would it be necessary to have the FPV RC3?

I haven't flown FPV before and thought the motion controller may have the same characteristics of the FPV RC3. 🤔

I'm not planning on barnstorming silos or canyon walls anytime soon so it may not be needed.

Thanks for the feedback Kilrah as I'm still learning about this.

Necessary no, the MC does allow you to fly with the goggles... I guess it's a just a completely different experience. Can't stand the MC myself.

As per my other forum thread, I would love to see the option to use landscape orientation on phone only control. That would greatly improve the value of the drone only package.

My second thing would be both firmware and hardware functionality - a cheap FPV option including goggles and FPV controller for basic FPV flying. Right now the FPV controller 3 costs more than the NEO itself!! Similar to how the cheap price of the NEO has attracted lots of new and existing users (speculation), a cheap FPV option I think would also be a big hit and maybe get more people to later update to the Avata 2.

Chris

Spotlight mode is the only smart shot that lets you choose Picture or Video (manual with virtual sticks is changeable)
With no obstacle avoidance, I'm sure there would be a lot of crashes.

Reactions: sarahb
That's what's been there from the start for us

I suppose there was a batch shipped at first that didn't have this firmware?

I've seen various reviews noting the voice control wasn't functional yet, and follow only worked from behind.

Exciting to see that with the current firmware you can arbitrarily adjust follow now to any orientation around the subject, and it will attempt to maintain that perspective while following.

I've seen various reviews noting the voice control wasn't functional yet, and follow only worked from behind.
Because youtubers got theirs before public release. Once it was announced and people got it in their hands the "launch day" update which this video is about added it. This guy was just a bit too slow with his video (there's been another update before he even posted it...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlynde