WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

Anyone activate neo with tablet only?

reelpouch

Reaction score
Hi.

I only have an android samsung tablet with wifi. Has anyone been able to activate neo with just this method. I am in the mountains and no cellular connection.

Reactions: NEO 317
Hello from the Crossroads of America reelpouch.

That's a good question.

Sit tight and I'm sure you'll have an answer soon.

Welcome to the NEO Forum. :cool:

I think you can so long as it has internet connection.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: sarahb
If you have the RC yes, if not... you won't be able to without cellular since the tablet has to connect to the neo through wifi, so it can't also be connected to your wifi for internet access at the same time.

A possible workaround... See if your phone has a Mobile Hotspot feature. I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 with this feature (use it all the time for my wifi Kindle).

While in Hawaii last week, I was delighted to find it works connected to a local wifi AP, and will forward that connection. It essentially works like a router with a subnetwork branch.

If your phone can do this, you should be able to connect to your home wifi with your smartphone, enable Mobile Hotspot, then connect the Neo to your phone's network.

Someone at this suggestion may prove/disprove this method before I get my Neo in a few weeks. If not, I'll try and activate this way.

Reactions: reelpouch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt