WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

an unexpected discovery

Old Man Mavic

Reaction score
so today i was flying the Neo, using the built in automated flights, without any other device, such as a phone or Remote
took off in follow mode ,which has a default setting of med for distance and flat for height
so i took off from my hand standing by my mobility scooter, sat on it ,and the Neo followed me around perfectly
it was when i stopped and got off ,to land it back onto my hand, that i noticed that the Neo was below head height, and as i stood up after leaving the scooter, the Neo then climbed back up to its original take off height
my scooter has a swiveling chair so i turned it to face the Neo, and when i sat back down on the seat, the drone lowered down as well to keep it level with my head
so it would seem, that in the flat height setting, the Neo uses the height of the persons head, holding it at the point of take off ,as its reference point,
instead of it being a set height

Last edited:
Reactions: okw and GFields
Thanks for sharing this. Noted.

That sounds like it's trying to keep the subject in the center of the camera, without changing the camera angle. I've seen similar with my old Mavic Pro.

Reactions: Old Man Mavic
I think it's to do with the framing - if you look at the descriptions of the height options in the app it gives you a brief low down as to how the subject will be framed. Medium I think is full frame of subject in view without cropping (that's 'near' setting). So if it sees the full 'height' of you as the subject whether sitting or standing it will keep that filling the frame. Interesting 'real world' example though - so thanks!

Reactions: Old Man Mavic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt