WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

2nd day thoughts

Anzacjack

Reaction score
Website
aaus.org.au
bit more flying today.
Im sure after a few updates this will be a much better bird. I certainly be using to train newbies. In fact my 5 year old grandson had his first fly today without me hovering over the controls. He did amazingly well
Biggest takeaways from todays flight
  1. This little guy is significantly slower than the Avata, even in sport mode. I didnt actually feel like sport mode added much. Jumping from the Neo to mini was like jumping into a race car. I think for any decent speed, we will need to be flying manual mode, which will require the purchase of the FPV 3 controller. Ill prob get to this in the next few weeks
  2. Its pretty stable even in mildly windy conditions.
  3. Follow me and other modes are amazing and do exactly as advertised.
  4. GPS is slow to acquire and very quick to loose. I have flown a few flights with the avata where Ill swoop down and enter the front door, through the house and out the back and it works great. With the neo, within a couple of seconds GPS is lost and the flight characteristics change significantly in atti mode, so if your not ready, it takes you by surprise and is not a great experience.
  5. I havent done a range test yet as i would rather do this on a very calm day to avoid loosing the little guy.
Ive read that some people are planning on using this little bloke for indoor real estate shots. Unless you are a reasonably good pilot and skilled in atti mode, i would not be attempting this. The Avata performs very well for this task.
Camera performance is about what you would expect from such a little camera. VLOG people will be more than happy. For still photography and shooting at a distance, there are better options and cameras out there.

Thank you for the info, I'm seriously thinking about getting googles and motion controller and try some FPV. Ive never flown FPV before.

Reactions: RcHawks and NEO 317
Ive read that some people are planning on using this little bloke for indoor real estate shots. Unless you are a reasonably good pilot and skilled in atti mode, i would not be attempting this. The Avata performs very well for this task.
I'm one of those hoping it would be good for this purpose. If it doesn't work well for that, my granddaughter will get an additional Christmas gift :)

@Anzacjack, thanks for posting your thoughts. I'm in the process of gathering all the info I can to decide whether or not this would be a suitable purchase for me. Being fun to fly (FPV) would be the main reason I would make a purchase but as it stands now, getting accessories to do this would cost more than the drone itself.

Chris

I have yet to fly outside but I can definitely confirm that indoors you are in true Atti mode. I also found the very shiny surface of my coffee table confuses the downward sensors causing erratic altitude changes. I'm well experienced with Atti mode so it wasn't a huge surprise but for first time flyers it might be a challenge. Fortunately it's well protected with the prop guards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt