WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

Newbie Needs an Assist: Which Service Plan for Neo?

BayPilotNewbie

Reaction score
Hiya,

I just bought the NEO - myself and dozens of friends (who are counting on me to loan them the NEO) are going to venture into the world of "droning" via this beginner drone (for me, so to gain skills while awaiting the release of the DJI Mini 5 Pro).

NONE of us has flown a drone before..... so I'm thinking I should buy a DJI Service Plan. Does anyone know if there is a Service Plan or Plans for the NEO? And if there is more than one, which would you recommend.

Thanks For Any + All Counsel,
PayPilotNewbie

Hello from the Crossroads of America BayPilotNewbie.

DJI offers it's own protection plan that should be activated within 48 hours of turning it on.

Here's information on the service and how to activate it if past the 48 hour window.

I've read posts over the years that State Farm Insurance may offer an article policy that will cover drones, cameras, etc. in some States.

Good luck, have fun, and welcome to the NEO Forum. :cool:

I bought the DJI Care Refresh package. It was £32GBP for 2 years or £19 for 1 year.

You must buy it within 48 hours of activating the neo. Beyond that you'll need to do a video verification with DJI.
It covers accidental damage from water and collision, fly away and natural wear. It has replacement offered, with free shipping to send back to DJI.

Amazon offer their own extended warranty for electrical goods at the checkout. It is far more expensive and doesn't offer the same.

It doesn't have any public liability insurance if that is what you are looking for. In the UK, quite a few of the drone clubs/forums offer an insurance for hobby drone pilots for about £25/year - including accidental damage etc. Each cover different things, so shop around. Some offer international cover if you use your drone in the EU and other selected countries.

PS, in the UK you don't have to have public liability insurance for <250g, if used for hobbies and not commercial photography.
I'm looking at using my drone in Spain. The government website suggests that all drones require insurance there, regardless of the size. I'll let you know once I find out more, but will likely join one of the clubs that offers EU insurance as part of the subscription.

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
Welcome from Ohio, I always but the DJI care refresh.

Reactions: NEO 317
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt