WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

New to the Neo

Honk

Reaction score
Hello folks. I am new to the Neo forum however I've been a member of the mavic pilots forum for over 2 years flying a DJI Mini 2 recreationally. I may own a Neo in the nearish future. I posted a bit about my background with flying cameras in the discussions area of this forum. Check it out should you be so inclined. Alright! Kind regards and as always, here's wishing good stuff to you all, from now on.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Hello folks. I am new to the Neo forum however I've been a member of the mavic pilots forum for over 2 years flying a DJI Mini 2 recreationally. I may own a Neo in the nearish future. I posted a bit about my background with flying cameras in the discussions area of this forum. Check it out should you be so inclined. Alright! Kind regards and as always, here's wishing good stuff to you all, from now on.
Silly question but how many of you have the NEO - DJI just sent me most of my order but the NEO was not one of the items (Waiting game I guess)

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
Silly question but how many of you have the NEO - DJI just sent me most of my order but the NEO was not one of the items (Waiting game I guess)
DJI says the estimated shipping date on mine is Oct 6. Bummer

I do not have one. Right now I would enjoy winning the one this forum is presenting in the "drawing". I'm leaning towards not buying one at this point. I like everything about it except the need for another controller and the noise factor. It is very noisy. I don't do FPV (yet, maybe never). I'm always concerned about disturbing the peace. I hope a next iteration will be much quieter. It would also be cool if it could be controlled with virtual sticks on my phone.

>>It is very noisy.
Not that much for something this size actually.
Perhaps. Sounds pretty loud and whiny from the vids I've viewed that include the drone sound.
>>It would also be cool if it could be controlled with virtual sticks on my phone.
It can.
That solves that issue. I'd heard yes and then no and now yes from you. OK ok, I went and looked at the user manual. Confirmed yes. Thanks!

Sounds pretty loud and whiny from the vids I've viewed that include the drone sound.
Really difficult to convey in videos, but anything that size is going to be high-pitched. In terms of volume it's really not that bad. The Avata 1 was terrible in comparison.

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1 and Honk
Really difficult to convey in videos, but anything that size is going to be high-pitched. In terms of volume it's really not that bad. The Avata 1 was terrible in comparison.
I'd enjoy having a NEO in the fleet none the less. I'd use it sometimes. I have a Tello. Its not terrible. My Mini 2 is not too bad...quieter than the Tello.
Fwiw, do you know and have an opinion, is the Avata 2 considerably quieter than the Avata 1...maybe closer to the Mini 2?

I'd enjoy having a NEO in the fleet none the less. I'd use it sometimes. I have a Tello. Its not terrible. My Mini 2 is not too bad...quieter than the Tello.
Fwiw, do you know and have an opinion, is the Avata 2 considerably quieter than the Avata 1...maybe closer to the Mini 2?
I have the same concern How loud is this little guy going to compare to My;
Tello, Spark, Mini, Mavic etc... Love to see a good sound comparisons for the lot?

its not so much the volume, but that high pitch really cuts through. I can hear this little fella even at quite a distance. People are going to hear the neo before they can see it.
Its really hard to demonstrate the sound over video. The best bet is to see, and hear, first hand if you can.

Earlier today I was out hiking to a flying location and I thought the NEO would be great to have to record the hike but the noise is a concern for me as well. Others on the trail may not appreciate the high pitched wine of the NEO. I thought about the NEO sound again tonight while I was out Light Painting with my Mini 3 Pro. Once it left the ground, I could barely hear it.

Chris

Hi, I want to ask if it is possible with the Neo to navigate it with the phone (without RC) near a subject, then run the smart functions circle, drone, etc. ?

Hello from the Crossroads of America

Hi, I want to ask if it is possible with the Neo to navigate it with the phone (without RC) near a subject, then run the smart functions circle, drone, etc. ?

Good question. 👍

I haven't purchased one yet, but here's a screenshot of the manual and I believe it has the "Follow" function with a mobile device.

Screenshot_20240912_143930_OfficeSuite.jpg

Here's a link to the manual for reference.

Have fun reading and welcome to the NEO Forum. :cool:

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1 and okw
Yes, you can take off in manual control mode then switch to the "moves" and select a subject do do them while in flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt