WELCOME, NEO PILOT!
Join our DJI NEO Community today!

DroneMask 1 / 2

Christian

Reaction score
Does anybody use it (beside me) to fly FPV? I've bought the 2nd version last year. I love it, because it converted all my drones into FPV drones. I find it very useful, perfect to watch movies, or other pilots' footages and practise FPV simulator (I use Freerider, android) too.

To my drones I have a LG G6 (5,7", 1440 x 2880 LCD), which gives razorsharp image in the mask.

Attachments

Reactions: Mrjohnhc1
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Yes, I have the Dronemask 2, it is great. But with DJI putting more tech into our controllers, I have moved on to using the Xreal AR Glasses with the RC2 and my A3 and M4P. Light and easy to use. Hope they work with the Neo.

I could not use such a device for at least two reasons
1. I couldn't stand that bulk on my head and face
2. I am a solo operator and using this prohibits the ability to fly VLOS

I have heard many good things I have not tried them they do look a little bulky. But maybe they are lighter than most "box" Goggles.

I have heard many good things I have not tried them they do look a little bulky. But maybe they are lighter than most "box" Goggles.
Big, bulky and the ventillation is not the best, but has a lot of advantages. 1. No battery and no electronics inside. Similar to VR goggles. 2. Compatible with any kind of drones. 3. Not only drones, I use it to practise fpv simulator. Better, than watching a monitor. Also I watch youtube vids, mainly fpv footages. Makes all very real. The better smartphone you have, the better the goggles. If you have high end smartphone, the display beats any fat shark or likes.
I have it already, so my neo is already in fpv mode, without spending 1,000 € for the compatible dji goggles and remote. (I fly only fpv, no vlos)
Very useful and must have for drone pilots I think. Made in Norway, very good quality.

I could not use such a device for at least two reasons
1. I couldn't stand that bulk on my head and face
2. I am a solo operator and using this prohibits the ability to fly VLOS
I hate, that's so big, but there's nothing I can do....
I'm also solo pilot, fly only fpv, but I don't really care. Happened only once, that a hunter called the police, that I fly fpv without spotter, but the police in my country is kinda relaxed and don't bother drone pilots. 😎😁 They never came to and never got any fine or something.

Big, bulky and the ventillation is not the best, but has a lot of advantages. 1. No battery and no electronics inside. Similar to VR goggles. 2. Compatible with any kind of drones. 3. Not only drones, I use it to practise fpv simulator. Better, than watching a monitor. Also I watch youtube vids, mainly fpv footages. Makes all very real. The better smartphone you have, the better the goggles. If you have high end smartphone, the display beats any fat shark or likes.
I have it already, so my neo is already in fpv mode, without spending 1,000 € for the compatible dji goggles and remote. (I fly only fpv, no vlos)
Very useful and must have for drone pilots I think. Made in Norway, very good quality.
I looked at them I have a pair that I made that are not as bulky (but probably not near as good lol)

I hate, that's so big, but there's nothing I can do....
I'm also solo pilot, fly only fpv, but I don't really care. Happened only once, that a hunter called the police, that I fly fpv without spotter, but the police in my country is kinda relaxed and don't bother drone pilots. 😎😁 They never came to and never got any fine or something.
In my neck of the woods the local Police are very nice for the most part BUT they know full well about VLOS and goggles and will use that as an excuse to tell you to move along! If they catch you enough while doing it they WILL report you PLUS if you have an incedent while busting VLOS, I sure hate it for you. Just sayin I wouldnt do it in public.

Last edited:
But I have to care as I fly professionally
I'm hobby pilot. I have A1/A3 licence, I'm registered at EASA (the european FAA), just like my drones and have valid insurance.
And our countries are two completely different worlds....

In my neck of the woods the local Police are very nice for the most part BUT they know full well about VLOS and goggles and will use that as an excuse to tell you to move along! If they catch you enough while doing it they WILL report you PLUS if you have an incedent while busting VLOS, I sure hate it for you. Just sayin I wouldnt do it in public.
I don't think this is the case in Austria. I've never heard anyone got caught or anything similar. We have much more freedom, than in other countries. I just don't worry at all. I've been doing this for years, without any problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myetkt